blackout

Monday, July 5, 2010

Random Thoughts

1) I was sent a video of "The Door Test" From the Bronx Tale.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW94hQQMTQw
Now i have never seen the movie. but this part says that the "great women" of your life will always pass this test: A guy will lock both doors and go over to her side to unlock it and let her in. Do this on the first date. Then if shes a great one, she will reach over and unlock yours.
Well. let me just say. i am not a great one 1) i wouldnt think to look at your lock. 2) you have the keys in your hand you can do it yourself. 3) I dont see the point since you have to reach for the handle anyway. 4) I must not be a great one then.
I find this interesting. And i wonder how many women would do this. I am not some dainty prissy bitch, but that whole second it takes you to unlock the door isnt much of a hassle and i dont really see me reaching over as really helping you. want me to help you carry something, fine by me. want me to pay on the occasion, you know i will. but unlocking a door, when you have the keys... i dont think you need to be a prissy bitch either.
Also. Is there a more recent test? Is there a test that woman can do? First date kind of knowledge. A generalization taht can be made/attempted. Its an interesting theory. Though I dont think I want to start thinking about that right now.

2) I watched the notebook when my boyfriend visited. he said something that really made me think. we were watching it and Allie told Noah that she waited 7 years for him, then she fell in love again. And Noah on the other hand, never fell in love just settled for another woman. My boyfriend, just speaking his mind, said "thats the problem with women they can fall in love again". now... that made me think. its a valid complaint. ((Sidenote: However, I find it funny he sees this as a problem, knowing that I have been in love before))
Also on this topic, I thought it was interesting that even if I said it, I never actually considered the fact that I couldn't ever love again. I thought that I might not find the right person, but COULDN'T meant it wasn't possible inside of me to love to that extent again. Not having the opportunity and not being able to pursue it are two different things. maybe that is the difference with men and women. We feel our heart can stretch around the world, and men devote it all to one object. we view ours as eternally growing, theirs is eternally powerful.

3) Did you know Charles Darwin got a degree in Theology at a divinity school? (yeah i nerded it up for a second.) But lets think about this rationally. what does this mean for Darwinism? How did he decide this concept? and how did he interpret it?

Did he see Evolutionism and Creationism were one in the same? Did he battle all his learning and come up with Evolutionism? Was he able to apply what he learned in school to get to the concept he reached? Did he believe in God? Did it affect his study? Maybe this man is smarter than I thought. Did he go to school to reinforce his hatred? Did he go to reinforce his beliefs? Did he go to reinforce his evidence? I love to get inside of people's heads. I think i am right with the first one. For as great of a scientist he is, I think he was effected by his learning. Therefore Creationism made the world, and Evolution is just the next step to that. however, maybe I only think he thinks that way, because that's kind of how i look at it. so maybe I am not getting inside his head at all, but my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment