blackout

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Gift of the Child

I had parent teacher conferences recently and one of my parents told me some shocking news. One of the best students in my class was a terror at home, in ways, I would never have guessed.

So what did we do? We made a behavior chart for at home to bring to me. It will be nice to be the parent at this point and see the progress from the other side.

Sometimes it is hard for teachers and parents alike to remember that the students we have are blessings. They make each day interesting, each day exciting and they leave us exhausted but fulfilled. These students deserve the best and they deserve an education that promotes their positives and strengthens their strengths and that is what I hope to do for every student that walks in my doors. They are our gift and we give them the gift of knowledge and power.

No comments:

Post a Comment