blackout

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Fast-Paced City Life

I have lived here in Chicago, for almost a year. In fact, just a couple more weeks and I am sure I have hit my anniversary mark.

Would you like to know what I find interesting? Since you are still reading, I am just going to guess that you do.

I think its interesting that everyone refers to the city as "fast paced". Why? Because there are a lot of people? Maybe because there is a lot to look at? Maybe because there is a lot to do. None of that DEFINES fast paced.

In reality, I think life is way more SLOW paced in the city.
 It takes me a half hour on the L when it could take me 5 minutes.
 Hell, if I do decide to drive it still takes me 15 minutes.
 I have to wait in longer lines because that is crowded as well.
 I have to walk everywhere since I am smaller than the car and finding parking in this city will take you the entire year in certian sections.
I have to wait for a card to ride the CTA and then wait for the people to get on the bus, then wait for the bus to get through traffic.
 Hell, even passing information is slower. You have MORE people to tell.

Everything that was "fast" in the suburbs is slow.

Maybe they should have never used the term fast paced. Crowded. Social (at times. thats a different debate). Eye opening. Those work. Fast paced doesn't..

I think they should call it a "socially

No comments:

Post a Comment