blackout

Friday, September 14, 2018

creation

When I write, I don't create worlds, I discover them. I am an explorer finding the ways on maps that are outdated, in lands never explored before. I find my way by scraping through the brush, climbing the highest mountains and drawing all I see before me. For this land that I write about, was already there, it just needed someone to find it.

When I write, I don't create characters, I befriend to them. I learn about their hopes and their fears, their dreams and their worries. They become a friend of mine that I want to spend every minute getting to know better because they aren't just someone who I make up, they are someone who I genuinely care about.

When I write, I don't create stories, I share them. The stories are there lost in the twists and turns that life takes us on but sometimes we need to spend extra time focusing on a moment, another minute diving deeper into someone else's reasoning, another breath taking in that marvelous sunset. I don't create stories, they... create me.

No comments:

Post a Comment