blackout

Monday, June 11, 2012

Ready to Go

"Not all those who wander are lost." -J.R.R. Tolkien

I will be on my way to wandering right around the corner. The clock is on a countdown and I leave in 10 days.

I thought I would start a blog to keep everyone up to date with my adventures (and misadventures) while in Japan.

So far, I have things basically under control for going out there. I am 3/4 of the way packed. I am hoping to be 90% packed before I go to work today.

Everyone keeps asking me how long I will be out there and when I will be back. At this point, it is undetermined. It will depend on a lot and I hope to stay as long as I can.

I am excited to travel, to work on my writing, to dive into another culture and begin a new life. I expect to learn a lot and to grow more than I ever expected to. I am excited to get a better look at my relationship and see just what we can and cannot handle. I feel we are handling the whole situation in a very mature fashion and I hope that everything will work out for the best.

I am nervous, of course. I am leaving everything I know behind. It will be a hard transition. Leaving my language, my family, my friends, my culture for a land of unknowns and new beginnings. I am curious how Mike and I will handle being together, how we will handle military life, and what we will decide when we are there.

But mostly, I am ready. I have spent some time considering when to go, what to do, how to act and I just want to start. I am ready to play housewife until I get a job and work on my writing and learn a new language and become a better person. I just need to wait for that plane to take off and take me somewhere far away.

I will miss all of you. I know it already. The hardest part of leaving is leaving everyone behind. I won't have a phone so if you need to contact me you can do so on Facebook, email and AIM.

I will update as much as I can and I am sure I will have plenty to say.
I hope your life keeps sailing smoothly :)


No comments:

Post a Comment