blackout

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Technology in Japan

We all have heard what I will be calling "The Rumors." Japan supposedly has the latest and greatest technology. Their internet is supposed to be 100 mbps. That means I just about should never have to wait for a video to load.... yet I wait.

Then we have the phones. Somehow Japan didn't figure out that they were the most "technological advanced country" because my phone does not resemble that. My phone is a smart phone (in which I stole from Mike). The battery life lasts 2 hours if I am on the internet. The phone barely sends text messages (even though supposedly thats the #1 way people in Japan use their phone.) And the phones are expensive! An Iphone 4s is like 600 bucks. Given that is without a contract. But in reality my Evo shift back home was better and more reliable then the phone out here. That speaks a lot.

So... where are all the cool gizmos and gadgets? I feel like I was expecting the Jetsons and arrived at the Flintstones.

No comments:

Post a Comment